Saturday 3 November 2012

Know Your Personality



Hey guys, today I'm gonna talk to you about Personality. This topic actually should come first as a foundation for your inner personality. Why? Because by knowing your personality you will know how to handle yourself. You yourself should know what are your strengths and your weakness and work on this...


In terms of Skyrim, it's like you have a talent to assassinate using a bow. Instead of doing "Arrow to the Knee" which sounds not that cool, you wanna do "Axe to the head" because you saw other people using a BAD ASS AXE, you start to copy them in using axe. Now what is gonna happened here? You, as the main character are going to be FUCKED UP-SIDE DOWN... Reason? Simple, you try to do something that is not meant from your specialty.

Now I'm NOT saying you should not try something new. Instead try something new, if it doesn't work, leave it and try something new again. Until you find what suit you best. Still, it is better to knew what you good at from the beginning and work from there. It gives more time for you to improves on what you good at rather than start a "new game" from the beginning.


    

Okay, now on to the main topic

Before that, I strongly suggest that you read a book called "Personality Plus" by Florence Litauer. Here you will learn a LOT of important things about personality. Start from how people perceive things differently, how people react to certain things, and many more. Now for those of you who are lazy to read the book, that's okay because me the nice will tell you the basic of it. In this book, you will find out that humans are unique individuals. They all have different personality. However, out of all those differences, they can actually be put in groups.

 This group divide the 4 personality. They are :
-  Sanguine
-  Choleric
-  Melancholy
-  Phlegmatic
The question is, what the fuck does the personalities mean?


Sanguine
People with Sanguine personality generally are a popular peoples. I'm very sure that all of you ever met this person. They are the one that are popular in the class. Like they are able to make people to like them. Talking is their plus point. They are able to communicate effectively and generally bring a positive energy around. So, if you are a sanguine people, it is really easy for you to actually get a "special person" because people like to be with a person that are humorous and able to gives out positive energy. Common sense yeah

The downside are Sanguine person does not has a stable emotion. They can be crying on the morning, but happy as fuck in the afternoon. They also talk without think. Whatever comes out in their brain, they will blurt it out without knowing if it's even safe to said. Thus some people might be offended by this




Choleric
Choleric people have a leadership spirit within them. They are born as leader and have a strong charisma. One of their special traits is that they are decisive. You won't see a choleric person say "Up to you...". Born leader also means that they are extrovert, which means they are able to express their feeling. Another good things about choleric people, is that they are optimist. Now a man with choleric personality also can be considered easy to find a girlfriend. However, a choleric women might find it hard to find a boyfriend. This is because women like to be lead. And the choleric man just provided this to the woman. 

The downsides are often, choleric people don't have much friends. They thought that friends that are useless are just a hindrance for their goals. Carried it to the extreme, and they will labeled as "bossy"


Melancholy
Now we are going to the bottom of the totem pole in general. Melancholy IS NOT necessary at the bottom of the totem pole. I repeat, MELANCHOLY IS NOT THE BOTTOM OF TOTEM POLE. However it is the society that make this rule that melancholy is at the bottom of the totem pole. Melancholy is generally a person that like to think a lot. They think because they want to achieve a perfection. Which means, everything that they do must be perfect. And if they fail to achieve it, they got depressed. But the good thing is melancholy people usually are very smart and they want to achieve perfection.

One of the reason that they are at the bottom of the totem pole is because they are introvert. Which means that they prefer to work alone. Now this is completely fine. However, society thinks that if you are introvert then you are shy. Which i would say BULLSHIT. Shy by itself is scared of other people judgement. T

Phlegmatic
Similar with Melancholy, phlegmatic often considered as the bottom of the totem pole by society because of the same reason. I would have to say Fuck that again. Phlegmatic is an introverted, and observatory people in general. And again, society thought that this is a shy behavior and place it at the bottom of the pole. That's why I say "FUCK YOU SOCIETY FOR CREATING THIS RULE" The good thing about phlegmatic is that they are calm, easygoing, and able to take pressure. 
Best is some of phlegmatic person is all rounded. So they can have all personality inside them, though it will not be obvious.


Okay above, I have listed the personality type. Which one are yours?
Now if you have found it, DO NOT be embarrassed about it. Instead embrace it proudly...

First, I want to share my experience with all of you. I was born as a phlegmatic person. So what does that means? It means that I am an introverted, silent, and a lazy ass guy. My father is a melancholy and my mother is a choleric. So what happened here is that my mother always force me to be a leader and an extroverted guy. She always say" SPEAK SPEAK SPEAK" because I don't really talk a lot. Continuously, I became to see that every body should be a leader and a good person to talk with. For a long time, I started to behave like a sanguine and a choleric. I try to act funny, which in turn out to be goofy and dumb. I try to act like a leader but in the end, it looks more like a scaredy cat leader.
"Why is this happening" I thought. Am I a FAIL person? I can't be direct and I can't be a funny and fun to be with...
It is because of my REAL INNER personality is a phlegmatic. Phlegmatic have a "dry joke". So if I force myself to be like a sanguine which has a "Good Joke", it will looks really weird. That is why all the girls I've tried to date with from Junior High School reject me. Why? because they can tell that I'm FAKING.

Soon after that, I just realized that I should be myself to the extreme, which I posted it before. I accept my weakness that I'm a silent,lazy, and a dry humor guy. But I also accept my strength that I am an easy going, patience, and calm guy. I start to work from my weakness and did everything from http://orangepua.blogspot.sg/2012/08/be-your-self-to-extreme.html. Eventually, I get better at handling myself. For example, I have a dry humor up till now and when I say it, people will say I'am a retard. Now the me from before will be like depressed and "Fuck my humor is dry".. But now, I will still be confident about it... I will say whatever humor that I think is funny without think whether is it really funny. In the end, happiness is contagious. So if I laugh and happy with my own dry humor, people around me will laugh too.

Okay, the thing that I want to say is that, Be happy with what you have and work on your strength. You don't have to be jealous of what you don't have. Because we are unique and we have our own strength and weakness. That is why being yourself to the extreme is really really attractive. Heck, even being yourself itself is attractive. So don't try to be somebody that you are not to.

1 comment:

  1. Half Full-Sanguine
    Half Empty-Melancholic
    What Was the Question?-Phlegmatic
    Wants a Cheeseburger-Choleric

    ReplyDelete